Wow, May is already here!
We're in the last month of spring and that means... summer will arrive soon!
It's very sweet when my inbox fills with little notes from friends and family
who are curious about whats happening over here in Amsterdam.
That's an indication I've been a bit distracted (sorry!) and need to play catch up.
So, here's a little summary of what I've been up to
and I'll try to be more communicative next week!
Ten Things I've Seen and Done Lately
1. De Klompenmaker in Dam Square
2. Het Orgelboot spotted near the Staalstraat.
Street organs are kind of a thing here in Holland. This guy in his little boat cracks me up!
3. Taste tested new beers with my Dutchman
4. Attended my first Ajax game (they won! and recently won the championship too!)
For fun and variety I've been weaving in and out of different side streets on my home from work.
Sure, it's only a 12 minute bike ride but why not take a different route
and look for something new along the way?
5. Cycling home through the Museumplein
6. Blossoms behind the Van Gogh museum
I love to put my museum card to to use
and check in on one of my favorite paintings, Van Gogh's Almond Blossoms
Mama and I visited last week, since the museum is open late on Fridays!
7. Window art in De Pijp, one of my favorite neighborhoods
8. Mini strawberries at the Albert Cuyp Market
I really want to pick fresh strawberries this year!
Any suggestions for where to go in Holland?
9. Bright tulips in one of our neighborhood parks
10. House boat garden along the Amstel River
That's all for now, don't forget to check out The Friday List Link-Up
Have a fantastic weekend!