Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (simply chop up a chocolate bar)
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- course sea salt, to taste (sprinkle on top right when they pop out of the oven)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease two baking sheets, set aside.
- Chop up chocolate and walnuts, set aside in separate small bowls.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bow, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a medium size bowl with electric mixer, mix in vanilla then mix in the egg.
- Add ½ the dry ingredients into butter +sugar combo, mix add the rest and mix again.
- Then stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a spoon to place 8 balls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet.
- Divide the leftover cookie dough, mix peanut butter into half and stir the walnuts into the other half.
- Use a spoon to place balls of cookie dough on a cookie sheet.
- Bake about 8-12 minutes, once finished place cookies on a brown paper bag (or cooling rack) to cool about 5 minutes.
- Eat them up!
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe? Share it with me and maybe I'll give it a try!